Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall
Where has summer gone? It really feels like it just started. This time of year always makes me a little sad but in a lot of ways, it’s the best time of the year. The weather is often amazing. The sunsets are great. The air starts to feel fresher. So while I’m sad that summer is coming to an end (especially the end of summer beer season), I’m trying to savor these last couple of weeks of August. And what better way to end summer than with a trip to the beach?
Then it’s time to look forward to fall, which is my favorite season. Some things I look forward to every fall:
1. Football. I’m ready to break out my RGIII jersey, And to eat like crazy on Sundays.
2. The weather. Although it really hasn’t been that hot and humid this summer, I’m still looking forward to being able to go for a run in 60 degree weather.
3. Fall clothes.
4. Halloween and Thanksgiving, my favorite holidays.
5. The leaves (duh).
This fall in particular should be exciting.
1. One of my best friends is getting married and I’m her maid of honor.
2. Some great fall races, including one at Disney. Keeping my fingers crossed that Joe will still be able to do it since he’s supposed to drill with the Reserves that weekend. I have at least one race every month through December and I’ll probably add more.
3. The potential for some exciting news. Fingers crossed. If it all works out, I hope to share that news soon.
And finally, there’s one big negative about this fall:
3-0. That’s all I have to say about that. I’m basically planning on sleeping through Nov. 6 this year in a fit of denial.
So, farewell summer and welcome fall! Oh, and go Terps and HTTR!