Staycation, All I Ever Wanted
Since I hadn’t had a week of vacation time off in more than a year, I felt that I was about due. The only problem I have with taking vacation is that I get twice as much vacation time as Joe. So sometimes that means that I take time off for staycations. That’s what this last week was. Although I would have much preferred to spend my vacation time on an amazing beach in Fiji, my staycation was still pretty awesome.
Some highlights of what I did:
- Picked up my bridesmaid’s dress for Susan’s wedding! Love the dress and I’m excited for the wedding in October!
- Cleaned my apartment (yes, I do get excited about this) and got a new life-changing vacuum. You have no idea what damage two cats can do to a one bedroom apartment with their fur.
- Went to happy hour with Laura and BJ at Olazzo for $5 martinis.
- Went to see the butterfly exhibit at Brookside Gardens with Mom and Dad, followed by lunch at Szechuan Palace.
- For the 4th of July, went for drinks at RFD and then picked up food at Hill Country before heading to the Mall for a picnic and fireworks.
- Visited Joe at the Pentagon for lunch and so I could see where he works. Also finally checked out the 9/11 Memorial at the Pentagon.
- Met Susan for some shopping and to see “This is the End,” which was pretty hilarious.
- Went to Harpers Ferry for lunch and sightseeing when it was a bazillion degrees. (Note to friends: We MUST come here for a weekend of tubing and boozing down the river)
- Watched every episode of “Louie” available on Netflix. If you’ve never seen it, you’re really missing out.
Some photos from the week:
Oh yeah, I ran a couple of times during my staycation. It was too hot for much more. I didn’t want to get up at 5 a.m. when I was off. So I ran on Tuesday and today. I ran really slow but at least I got out there a couple of times. I’m hoping when I resume my 5 a.m. runs this week that it will feel so much cooler that I’ll be super fast. I have a 10K next Sunday. I have no idea why I signed up to run a 10K in July. I’m pretty sure it will feel like death.
And now a few hours of freedom (and drinking) before I return to work tomorrow. Blah……