This and That
So it’s been a really long time since I updated this blog so here’s what’s been going on:
1. I ran my personal best at a 5K in Arlington back in May (I think?) at 27:30. It was a fairly small 5K so the course wasn’t too crowded which helped. I did the Race for the Cure in 28 something so that wasn’t bad either.
2. I’ve found a new addiction: Fitocracy, an app that allows you to earn points as you workout. There are bonus points for completing “quests.” My competitive side is really drawn to it because I always want to do a little better than the people in the groups I follow. And it gets me to do more strength training which I had been slacking on. I’ve even started using that weight in my desk at work on a regular basis.
3. The Tough Mudder is less than two months away. Eeek! I can’t believe it’s that soon. In addition to Fitocracy, it’s been my motivating factor to step up my workouts lately.
4. I’m excited the Olympics are coming up. I love watching the track and field events. When I’m on the treadmill I can’t even fathom how fast those Olympians are running.
5. We’re going to Niagara Falls this weekend! That means lots of outdoors time and hopefully some good hiking.
6. I signed up for the Army Ten Miler at the end of October and another Halloween-themed 5K just a week after. I’m not sure why I decided to want to do a Ten Miler when the longest race I’ve completed is 5 miles. So now I’m trying to work up to running that distance.
7. I’ve actually started to really enjoy running. I look forward to it and I’ve gotten much better about pushing myself. I’d rather do it than the elliptical any day of the week.
That’s all I’ve got for now but hopefully I’ll get back on track with writing soon!